Saturday, January 12, 2008

SIERRA NEVADA'S EARLY SPRING

This is the first post on blogspot.com. As beerdoctor my concern is learning about and talking about all things concerned with beer. So the first thing I would like to write about is Sierra Nevada's latest seasonal ESB. This is a quite delicious ale that combines the best attributes of English Extra Special Bitter with what the brewery calls "West Coast style".
Tasting a fresh sample, this ale is bright in its copper color and taste. A soft doughy palate at first, gives way to a more citrus taste that ends with a complex dry finish. Although I usually don't pair brew with food (brewmaster Garrett Oliver is who you want for that), I must say this Sierra Nevada early spring beer works wonderfully with chicken, potatoes and green beans. And it certainly would hold its own with a nicely topped pizza. Enjoy! My only prayer is thank you.

No comments: